How to log into Interprefy Connect on your computer and navigate the platform as a speaker
Before you begin
- Internet connection - Recommended bandwidth of 4mbps up/down or higher. Ethernet connection is recommended.
- Recommended browser - Latest version of Google Chrome, Firefox or Edge
- Ensure optimal sound quality - Interpreters need high-quality audio input to interpret your message without skipping a beat. Choose a quiet environment without background noise and use a quality plugged-in microphone or headset.
How to log in
- Open your internet browser, enter the Interprefy link you’ve been provided, and click "to my session" to confirm.
- Alternatively, visit https://interpret.world, enter your provided event token and click "to my session" to confirm.
If two-factor authentication is activated for your event
- Enter your registered email address or mobile phone number (format: +41 79 1234567) to receive a verification code:
- Enter the verification code that you have received either via email or text message (SMS) and click "submit":
If the pre-call test is activated
If activated for your meeting, you will next be prompted to set and test your audio and video settings on a pre-call test page.
- Language - Select your preferred interpretation language. To hear the floor language, select "none".
- Camera on - Select your webcam, turn on/off the camera and choose to blur your background
- Microphone on - Select and test your headset or microphone. Turn mic on/off.
- Record voice - Press button to record your voice and test your sound quality. You can do this as many times as you wish until you are happy with the result.
- Audio on - Select your audio output device. Click "play sound" to test the correct audio output.
- Connection test - Test if your internet bandwidth can support audio and video streaming.
- Click "Join call" to enter the meeting.
As first-time user, you will need to allow your browser to access your microphone and camera for the session, by clicking "allow" in the browser pop-up.
After successful login, a pop-up window will ask you to adjust your call settings for the meeting.
- Choose your audio interpreting language
- Select your audio device
- Select your video device
- Click "save" to join the meeting.
Platform Features Overview
In default view:
- Select your preferred language - Or select „none“ to hear the floor language
- Volume – Adjust audio volume
- Mic - Turn on/off the microphone
- Webcam - Turn on/off the webcam
- Screen sharing - Share the entire screen, application window, or browser tab
- Event chat - Use, if available, to address all event participants
- Full-screen mode - Enter/exit full-screen mode
- Technical Support chat - Report technical issues to Remote Support directly
- Private chat - Send a private message to individual participants
- Restart All Lines - Refresh your connection, when experiencing audio/video issues (will disconnect and reconnect within approx. 2 seconds)
- Settings – Change audio and video settings. Click on the pencil icon next to your name to change it.
- Log out – Disconnect from the meeting
In full-screen view:
If you require any technical support during the meeting, click on the support chat icon (8) to send a direct message to the technical support team: