Through Interprefy's pre-call test functionality, you can test your equipment, record and listen to a short sample of your voice.
When joining a session online, we rarely know how we actually sound to other participants and to interpreters who are translating our speech in real-time. This can pose quite the challenge to those trying to follow the dialogue.
That's why, earlier this year, we have introduced the pre-call testing functionality for Connect and Connect Pro meetings, allowing meeting participants and interpreters to get a full overview of their computer settings and internet speed ahead of a meeting.
Making sure you know you sound great
Today, we have updated this functionality to give participants the opportunity to record and listen to a short sample of their audio. To make sure you know exactly how you look and sound to other participants in the session - ahead of joining.
In any session
The pre-call testing functionality is available via the pre-call testing page that can be accessed through this direct link:
Not only is this a useful resource when joining a session on Interprefy Connect or Connect Pro, but literally any session - whether you're hosting a webinar or joining a Zoom call.
Watch our run-through
Step-by-step instructions are also available here
- Language - Select your preferred interpretation language. To hear the floor language, select "none".
- Camera on - Select your webcam, turn on/off your camera.
- Mic on - Select and test your headset or microphone. Turn your mic on/off.
- Record voice - Press to record a short sample of your voice
- Audio on - Select your audio output device. Click "play sound" to test correct audio output and listen to your recorded voice sample to hear how you will sound in the session.
- Connection test - Test if your internet bandwidth can support audio and video streaming.
- Meeting control only - Click to join the call without audio or video.
- Click "Join call" to enter the meeting.
Save this link in your browser bookmarks to have it handy whenever you are about to join a session or host a webinar: