How to log into Interprefy Connect Pro on your computer and navigate the platform as a host.
Before you begin
- Device - Use a desktop or laptop. Avoid using smartphones, iPads, or tablets.
- Internet connection - Recommended bandwidth of 4mbps up/down or higher. Ethernet connection is recommended.
- Recommended browser - Latest version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge
How to log in
- Open your internet browser, enter the Interprefy link you’ve been provided.
- Click the “I am a Meeting Host” box and enter your name and the password.
If a pre-call test is activated
If activated for your meeting, you will next be prompted to set and test your audio and video settings on a pre-call test page.
- Language - Select your preferred interpretation language. To hear the floor language, select "none"
- Camera on - Select your webcam, turn on/off your camera and blur your background
- Mic on - Select and test your headset or microphone. Turn your mic on/off
- Record voice - Press to record a short sample of your voice
- Audio on - Select your audio output device. Click "play sound" to test correct audio output and listen to your recorded voice sample to hear how you will sound in the session
- Connection test - Test if your internet bandwidth can support audio and video streaming
- Meeting control only - Click to join the call without audio or video
- Click "Join call" to enter the meeting
Note: the default set-up allows only 4 Hosts to log in per meeting, and there can be 8 streams in total on the floor
If you don't see the platform overview after your test call, you will need to reload the browser. A pop-up window will then ask you to adjust your call settings for the meeting.
- Choose your the language you would like to listen to
- Select your video device
- Select your audio device
- Choose how you'd like to connect:
- Meeting control only: without audio and video
- Audio only: no video
- Video: with video and audio
All participants are notified when the Host joins the meeting, or upon login, if there is already a Host in the meeting. If the Host is not logged in speakers will not have a ‘’Green Hand’’ icon to request the floor.
In default view
- Select your preferred language - Or select "none" to hear the floor language
- Mic - Turn on/off your microphone
- Webcam - Turn on/off your webcam
- Screen sharing - Share your entire screen, application window, or browser tab
- Upload and play prerecorded video
- All participants list- Shows who is in the meeting
- Participants' status and control - Icons show the speaking rights of participants and grant and take away permission from a participant
- Private chat with participants - Communicate with the participants privately
- Remote support help chat - Ask questions, make comments, and/or resolve technical issues
- Main Image on-screen - When "Active Speaker" is ON, the participant who is talking on the floor will appear enlarged on the screen. When the "Active Speaker" is off, the host can choose which video to zoom in on by clicking on the video.
- Full-screen mode - Enter/exit full-screen mode
- Log out - Disconnects you from the platform
If activated, you will also be able to activate captions (13) and edit your name (14):
Click here to learn more about how captions work at Interprefy.
Selecting a timer
You can activate a countdown to mark the start of the meeting by clicking on Timer (15) and choosing "Meeting Start Time".
Toggle the hours and minutes to set your preferred countdown, which will then be displayed for all participants.
Choose the second option if you wish to set a timer for delegates in case, for example, you wish to inform them of a specific time range to deliver their presentation. You can also change the timer color when the time is running out, which will turn the timer red.
In full-screen view
In full-screen view, all the features are visible, except "All Participants List"
If Lobby is activated, you will be able to admit or reject participants, either one by one or all at once clicking on Select all users.
Participants will see a message while they wait, and this message can be customised in the backend.
Once all participants are displayed, it is possible to send them back to the lobby or log them out of the event if necessary.
Participants' status and control
By default, all event participants are muted, until streaming is permitted and enabled by the event host.
Next to each participant you can see different icons that indicate their current status. Use these icons to grant or take away permissions like floor, microphone access, or log participants out of the meeting.
- The participant is muted. Click it to unmute the participant.
- The participant is unmuted. Click it to mute the participant.
- The participant is "on-air" /has access to the floor. Click it to remove the participant from the floor.
- The participant does not have access to the floor. Click it to grant floor access to the participant.
- Sends a direct message to the participant.
- Logs participant out from the platform.
Participants' audio and video quality
If pre-call test is activated, you will also be able to see the audio and video quality of participants.
Editing participants' names
If this option is activated, you will be able to change the names of participants by clicking on the pencil icon next to their name.
How to grant floor access to participants
By default, audio, video, and screen sharing icons are greyed out for participants and they need to click on the "green hand" icon when they want to intervene.
You will then see the "green hand" icon (1) next to the participant's name:
To grant speaking rights to the participant, click the grey icon (2). The icon will turn red (3) and the participant will have control over their camera, microphone, and screen-sharing capabilities immediately.
When the participant has finished speaking, they can disconnect themselves or you can stop their streaming by clicking the red icon (3).
How to share a document
- Select the Interprefy screen-sharing icon (1)
2. Click on Application Window to share just the Clock application and not the full desktop of the laptop.
3. Select the document or application window from the options provided
How to play a pre-recorded video
- Select the Interprefy upload video button (1)
- Upload video by dragging the video file from your computer to the Interprefy window OR find the video file on your computer and upload it.
Once the video is uploaded, click to insert video to screen button
The uploaded video will start immediately. Click on the pause sign (1) in the lower part of the video screen if you wish to pause it.
If you encounter issues, please check that:
- Chrome browser is up to date
- Hardware acceleration is disabled in Chrome settings.
How to share a file with delegates and interpreters
If this option is enabled, hosts can share files with other delegates, interpreters and/or attendees by using the event chat (1) and clicking on the "Files" tab.
Files can be uploaded either by dragging them to the "Drag and Drop" section (2) or clicking on "Choose a file". If you wish to share multiple files, please upload them individually as each file needs to be pre-processed.
Click once on the bin icon to hide the file from participants, and click again to remove the file.
The maximum size of each file to be shared is 50 Mb. All major file types are supported.
For security reasons, the following file types are not supported:
.ade, .adp, .apk, .appx, .appxbundle, .bat, .cab, .chm, .cmd, .com, .cpl, .dll, .dmg, .ex, .ex_, .exe, .hta, .ins, .isp, .iso, .jar, .js, .jse, .lib, .lnk, .mde, .msc, .msi, .msix, .msixbundle, .msp, .mst, .nsh, .pif, .ps1, .scr, .sct, .shb, .sys, .vb, .vbe, .vbs, .vxd, .wsc, .wsf, .wsh