A platform description to help you interpret on Inteprefy's RSI soft console.
In default view
- Logo - The logo of our company but it can be changed to the logo of the client or logo of the event.
- Event name - The name of the current event, changes from event to event.
- Role - The interface in use, in this case, the interpreters' interface.
- Language Select - opens the language settings dialog to select/change the incoming language channel.
- Full-screen - Enter/exit full-screen mode. It hides all other tabs and shows only a larger version of the interpreting platform.
- Restart All Lines - To refresh your connection, when experiencing audio/video issues (will disconnect and reconnect within approx. 3-4 seconds).
- Settings - To select the input audio device or activate keyboard shortcuts:
8. Username - Your name, entered during login and how your interpreting partner sees you on the platform.
9. Log out - It disconnects you from the platform. This will bring up a confirmation dialogue box:
Click 'YES' to leave the platform. Closing Chrome will not log you out of the platform.
10. Channels - Control the flow of audio being sent and received.
11. Stream controls:
- Mic - Turn on/off the microphone.
- Cough - momentarily pauses the mic
12. Video - shows the video/screen share being transmitted by the floor.
13. Handover - To request your interpreting partner to take interpreting over.
14. Interpreting partner chat - For messages between interpreting partners. Only visible to the interpreters in the same language and the technical support team.
15. Event chat - For messages from the technical support team, like announcements and requests and replies to floor requests.
16. Remote support help chat - For emergencies, communicate directly and privately with a member of the remote support team. Only available if the event has remote support.
17. Video stream full-screen - Enter/exit video full-screen mode. Controls are minimized when entering the video full-screen option, as shown below.
In full-screen video view
When you enlarge the video stream, all platform commands are minimized as follows:
- Change feed - To switch between video feeds. Click on it to make that image bigger and make it appear on the main video screen (2).
- Main video screen - Shows the video screen/screen share that you find more relevant.
- Mic - Red indicates mic is on and you are transmitting sound.
- Log out - It disconnects you from the platform. This will bring up a confirmation dialogue box:
5. Active speaker display - Enabled by default. It automatically switches the video feeds to always show the person speaking.
6. Full-screen - Enter/exit video full-screen mode.
7. Cough - To momentarily mute yourself.
8. Stream controls - A visual indicator of the microphone status.
9. Restart All Lines - Refresh your connection, when experiencing audio/video issues (will disconnect and reconnect within approx. 3-4 seconds).
10. Open chat -It opens the interpreters', event and remote support help chats.
11. Split-screen mode - Allows the platform to display 2 video feeds simultaneously.
12. Handover feature - To request a handover NOW.
13. Incoming and Outgoing channels - Control the flow of audio being sent and received.
14. Lower menu bar pinned-unpinned - Hides or shows all the icons on the low menu bar when moving the cursor away.
In split-screen mode
This screen view allows the platform to display 2 video feeds simultaneously.
1. Resize video screens - Click and drag this bar to resize the video screens, making one smaller while simultaneously making the other larger.
2. Disable split-screen view - Click to exit this screen view.