Steps to fix screen-sharing issues on the latest macOS version (Catalina) on Chrome.
If you are a macOS user you might get this error message when trying to share your screen.
Please, follow these steps to troubleshoot:
- Log out from your current session by clicking on the “Log out“ button on the top right corner of the web session.
- Navigate to macOS system preferences: Apple Icon on the top left corner → System Preferences
- Select "Security and Privacy" from the available options
- Select the "Privacy tab" and in the left bar list, scroll down to the "Screen Recording" menu
- If the applications checkboxes are locked for editing you will need to unlock those options by clicking the lock icon on the bottom left
- After entering the correct username and password, check the Google Chrome checkbox
- Select "Quit now"
Start Chrome again, access the web session, and select share screen.